Legal Aspects of Managing Tax Investigations
The early stages of a tax investigation are crucial. Decisions and actions taken have direct consequences on the outcome of the investigation which may result in prosecution of the taxpayer and/or its officers. This seminar seeks to discuss some of the compelling strategic reasons for evaluating and managing the legal landscape at the earliest opportunity to ensure the best outcome and avoid prosecution.
Topics to be covered in this seminar include:
· Awareness of legal rights and issues in tax investigations
· Significance of legal privilege
· Implications of statement taking and the interview process – An introduction to the Criminal Procedure Code
· Ring fencing the scope of tax investigation
· The Ideal Compact – Role of Counsel – Advisor – Client
Date & Time
Feb 24, 2016 (Wednesday) | 2pm-5pm
The OSH MasterClass Series aspires to deliver a high standard of technical exposure for our clients and market partners to areas of law for which our expertise is recognised. A constant feature of our MasterClass events is a strong strategic and practice focus and thoughtful sharing of our knowledge and experience. Underlying our efforts is the belief that delivering success for our clients is the fruit of partnership with our clients and market partners.